- What are cookies? Cookies are small text files that are stored on users' computers during their "visits" to various websites, such as the website www.vargassport.gr managed by our Company, on the World Wide Web, in order to provide the website with the possibility of identifying the user on subsequent visits to the same website.
- Depending on their type, cookies perform functions such as measuring the traffic of the page, recording the number of visitors, language, time of entry, geographical origin, device identifiers (e.g. operating system, screen resolution), keywords used, entry attempts, etc. Other cookies include processing of personal data others do not. Some cookies are technically necessary (technical) while others serve commercial and advertising purposes.
- Types of cookies There are different types of cookies, functional, technical, user identification, advertising, etc. Viewer cookies are installed by the website you are visiting (first party) and are only readable by the website. If the website uses external third party services, then their own cookies are installed on your device, so-called third party cookies (third party cookies, such as Google Analytics, Facebook, etc.). Session cookies, or session cookies, are those that are deleted once you close your browser. Each time you visit our website, you will be asked to accept or reject cookies. If you consciously choose to accept them, our website will a remember your preferences (such as username, language) for a certain
period of time. This way you will not have to re-enter them when you browse our site during the same visit.
- Legal regime for the use and storage of cookies The installation and use of "cookies" is specifically regulated by law (article 99(5) of the Electronic Communications and Postal Services Regulation Law of 2004 (Law 112(I)/2004) as amended, which incorporated the European Directive 2002/58/EC eprivacy), which is expected to be replaced by a Regulation (eprivacy Regulation), so there may be changes to this policy.
This exception does not include cookies that help the better functioning of the site / for better service to users, but only those cookies that are strictly necessary, i.e. without them it would be impossible to operate the site to provide a service that the user has explicitly requested. All other cookies require the prior consent of the users.
- We use first party cookies and third party cookies (Google, Analytics, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for technical purposes necessary for the efficient operation of our website, the promotion of advertising messages, the collection of information about your browsing and purchases on the website, the monitoring of the success of an advertising campaign.We use first party cookies and third party cookies (Google, Analytics, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for technical purposes necessary for the efficient operation of our website, the promotion of advertising messages, the collection of information about your browsing and purchases on the website, the monitoring of the success of an advertising campaign.
- Obtaining visitor's consent The mandatory acceptance of cookies, apart from the absolutely necessary ones, is not a prerequisite for accessing our website. You can freely navigate by checking and accepting or not cookies, either ours or those of third parties, whose usage policy is determined solely by them, without our involvement and legal responsibility.
in which each user can read all the necessary information that will make it easier for him/her to decide whether or not to give consent to accept cookies. The deactivation of trackers, apart from the strictly necessary ones, is as easy as accepting them, with the same number of clicks and the same font.
- Control and deletion of cookies You can control and/or delete cookies according to your wishes. You can delete all cookies that are already on the computer, as well as configure most browsers to prevent cookies from being installed. However, in this case, you may have to adjust certain preferences yourself each time you visit a website, and some services may not work (e.g. saved login details, website preferences).
This policy will be regularly reviewed to adapt it to the instructions of the Supervisory Authorities and the latest legislative and regulatory developments.