Privacy and personal data protection policy
The sole proprietorship under the name "JOHAN VARGAS" (VAT No. 114688584, RODOS Tax Office) located in Rhodes at 54 Kanada Street, hereinafter referred to as the "Company", as a data controller, attaches great importance to the lawful processing, security and protection of personal data, in whatever capacity you communicate or cooperate with us, such as, but not limited to, prospective or active customers, consumers, website visitors, etc.
1. What is your personal data and what personal data we collect
Your personal data includes any information on paper or electronic media that may lead, either directly or in combination with others, to your unique identification or to your identification as a natural person. This category includes and is collected by our Company data such as your full name, VAT number, your physical and e-mail addresses, your landline and mobile phone numbers, your shopping history, personal preferences callers and called telephone numbers, recipients, SMS/MMS message recipients, details of your bank/debit/prepaid cards, your email addresses, login and account details, including username, password, and unique user ID, identifiers of your equipment or terminal devices, computer, smart phone, tablet, your web browsing history (logfiles, cookies, etc. etc.),
We process in accordance with the law and protect your personal data when you contact us and/or
you purchase directly and/or Online our products or services, when you call our numbers or short codes to provide you with information, value added services to the end user (B2C) or to receive other services, informational, entertainment and in information or services related to any other company activity.
2. Lawful Processing-Companies
The Company will use your information for the following lawful processing purposes (under Article 6 GDPR), where applicable, with your explicit consent which you may freely withdraw at any time, or for the performance of a contract or pre-contractual relationship with you, or to serve our legitimate interests or to defend your vital interests, namely:
- To manage your calls to seek information in order to complete your requests, purchases and orders, and to complete and fulfil your order.
- To respond to your requests and queries regarding our products/services as well as to inform and respond to your suggestions and comments on the improvement of our products and services ,as well as to send you informative material on our services.
- To communicate to you the results of surveys, sweepstakes and contests in which you may have participated.
- To analyse traffic to our websites, provide you with information about our websites and the services you wish us to provide and improve your experience and to provide you with information relating to products, services, special offers and promotions.
- To operate, improve and maintain our business, products and services.
- To assist you in identifying technical and service issues.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or others.
- To better understand consumer behavior and preferences. For example, we may use information about how users of our websites use search and product discovery to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our online storefronts.
- For our internal operations and analysis such as internal management, prevention against fraud, use of information systems for administration, invoicing, accounting, billing and control.
3. What are the principles of collection and processing and what are your rights.
This Policy is intended to inform you of the terms of collection, processing and transfer of your personal data we may collect as Data Controllers or Processors. The Company strictly applies the processing principles of the GDPR 2016/679 (lawfulness, objectivity, transparency, purpose limitation, data minimisation, accuracy, storage time limitation, integrity, confidentiality and accountability).
As provided by Greek and EU personal data protection legislation, you have the following rights:
- To request access to personal data, as well as to the processing operations related to them and to obtain a copy of them.
- To request the correction of any inaccuracies and the completion of any incomplete personal data, and to request the correction of any inaccuracies and the completion of any incomplete personal data
- Request the erasure of personal data
- Request the restriction of the processing of personal data in the cases expressly provided for by law
- Request the portability of personal data to another employer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- Object to the processing of personal data in the cases expressly provided for by law
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you in a similar way
your consent at any time
We invite you to exercise these rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or in our site chat with our authorised officer.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority. However, we would encourage you to send us any requests via email , so that we can address your questions and work together to find solutions to resolve any issues you may have.
Contacting the Authority for any complaint/complaint, is done electronically via its web portal by completing the relevant online form depending on the type of complaint. For more information you can follow the link below:
4. What are the ways we collect your personal data?
- when you call our numbers or short codes, when you email us, or complete an application or order
- when you contact our offices and call centre, either to make purchases or to express your opinions, complaints, or comments.
- when you send us the postal address of an invoice or service receipt and home delivery details for your order.
- when you purchase a product and/or service so that we can check your age and determine whether you are legally permitted to validly contract with us or whether your parent or guardian's consent or signature is required.
- when you voluntarily subscribe to printed or electronic directories in order to receive printed, electronic or SMS informational or other marketing materials or to renew your preferences or when participating in competitions, questionnaires and surveys.
- when you visit our websites through which we collect, with your explicit consent, through cookies, information from your terminal device, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the operating system you use, your browser type and version, etc.
- when we receive documents, requests, orders, writs, warrants, etc. from third parties, such as supervisory, prosecution, judicial, tax authorities, to investigate crimes and protect you against fraud or to fight all forms of crime and prevent infringement of intellectual property (protected intellectual property, software, music).
5. Minimize, store and delete your data
The Company will always ask you for the minimum legally required personal data in order to connect to our online platforms and services, to purchase products/services, to communicate via websites with other users or to participate in competitions and promotions.
Our Company retains your personal data only for as long as required by the contractual terms of each service, in conjunction with the applicable legislation, based on the purpose of the processing in question, and then anonymizes and destroys them. This means that we will retain your personal data for a period of ten (5) years.
You can ask us and find out what data we collect about you and correct or delete it by filling in the relevant application form we have available, unless its retention is required by law for tax, evidentiary or judicial purposes and for the prosecution of illegal acts.
6. Transfer of your data to third parties
As a general rule, our Company does not transfer personal data to third parties, except to the extent necessary to complete your order and to fulfil requests relating to the services provided on our behalf.
Such third parties may be official governmental and regulatory bodies or when we are required to comply with the law and prevent illegal actions against us and our customers (e.g. telecommunication fraud, insult, defamation, invasion of privacy, etc.). Third parties may even be telecommunication companies, television stations, cloud providers, courier companies, third party service providers that process personal data on behalf of our Company.
At our Company we choose trusted providers and try to place contractual restrictions on third parties receiving your personal data to ensure that they use it lawfully. In order to process your data, we may need to transfer your information to other countries, including countries mostly within and extremely outside the European Economic Area (EEA) based on EU adequacy decisions, corporate binding rules, standard contracts and approved codes of conduct.
7. Security of your personal data
In all cases, we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your data. Our aim is to ensure that your personal information is transferred, stored and processed in accordance with appropriate international security standards and procedures. At the Company we have trained and responsible staff and we recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of your personal information and all your personal information.
Any of our partners who have access to the above information, use it to serve the above purposes only. We share the information you give us solely in the ways described in this Policy and in accordance with your explicit and specific consent by type of processing which you may freely withdraw at any time by contacting us.
8. Display of targeted advertisements
Where you have given us written consent, we may use your personal data together with other information we have collected, following human intervention by our commercial department, to target advertisements relevant to your apparent preferences on our website or on another website.
If you would like us to stop sending you updates or offers, you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you may have received from us (unsubscribe).
Further, if you have an account on our site, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications from our Company. You may also opt out of receiving marketing communications by requesting to be removed from our email and sms lists in accordance with our instructions.
9. Links to third party websites
Our Company's websites may contain links that lead to other websites of third parties, independent entities, such as, but not limited to, payment service providers, etc., which are operated and maintained exclusively by them, and which we do not control, as mentioned above. Accordingly, we have no responsibility whatsoever for the content, actions or policies of these websites. Please read carefully the respective privacy policies of the websites you visit, as they may differ significantly from ours.
We comply with the law and do not allow children, without the consent of their parents/guardians, to register on the websites and applications operated by our Company when they are under the legal age of their country of residence.
11. Unsolicited commercial communication
12. Contact us with questions or comments
We are available for any questions, comments or concerns you may have about our Policy and practices. In this regard, you may contact our authorized employee at [email protected] or in our chat room on our site.
This Policy was published by the Company on 7/10/2021 and is subject to periodic improvement and revision.